Thursday 9 August 2012

Changes Behind the Scenes...

So it's been a pretty hectic summer for me so far and it looks set to continue into the winter with a trip (maybe two) to Angola looming, the start of the diving season and possibly (depending on the second Angola trip) some more field work in Egypt and New Zealand. It's a hard life!

On the photographic front though I wanted to let you know of some 'behind the scenes' work that I'm trying to get done at the moment when I get some free time, since it probably won't be massively obvious unless you're checking the website all the time. Essentially, now I've got the blog up and running I'm wanting to really cut down on the number of images in the galleries so that the website can be a showcase for just the best ones. Also to smarten the galleries up a bit, I'm working on re-uploading every image with corrected processing (where necessary), increasing the image size from 600 to 800 pixels so you can see them properly and replacing the default Photium watermarks with a more subtle one. It's a ton and a half of work, and it's also incredibly dull so please bear with me if you don't see too many exciting updates over there in the next couple of months or so! If you're looking for an example of what it will look like, the gannets gallery is just about done.

In addition, I'm going to stop offering prints of every image in the galleries and instead offer a custom selection of the 10 or so very best ones. I'm looking into various mounting & framing options at the moment, but intend to use Loxely Colour for the printing so they'll be top quality. With a bit of luck I'll have something ready by the end of the year, but in the meantime if you have any particular favourites that you would like to see included in the set please let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment